-
M$ Small Business Server Killer
I was wondering if anyone has started or though of a Knoppix Distro aimed at replacing Microsoft Small Business Server. I envision a distro that would boot from CD, allow the user to configure it with a nice GUI wizard and test it. Once they are happy with the configuration, press a button to install it.
I have seen opengroupware.org's distro and was impressed. What software would you include? Samba, Apache, PHP, mySQL, PostGre, opengroupware.org? What is the easiest open source backup software out there? What else would you put in the distro? What would be the technical challenges? What features would you like to see? What could be done better than Microsoft?
-
I just joined in here, but as a small buisness server user I would like to see a distro that makes it easy for a windows user to set up a true File, Mail, SQL, and online collaboration server. I am a competant Windows guy but I am experimenting with linux. I would need it to be Super Easy for a *nix novice to configure all the services.
Similar Threads
-
By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 11:17 AM
-
By mstromberg in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 11:50 PM
-
By Zeb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 11:53 PM
-
By stefan_tm in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 11:56 PM
-
By cmcclean in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

2-in-1 Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum, 200000RPM Blower, 10000mAh
$40.46

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$80.66