-
M$ Small Business Server Killer
I was wondering if anyone has started or though of a Knoppix Distro aimed at replacing Microsoft Small Business Server. I envision a distro that would boot from CD, allow the user to configure it with a nice GUI wizard and test it. Once they are happy with the configuration, press a button to install it.
I have seen opengroupware.org's distro and was impressed. What software would you include? Samba, Apache, PHP, mySQL, PostGre, opengroupware.org? What is the easiest open source backup software out there? What else would you put in the distro? What would be the technical challenges? What features would you like to see? What could be done better than Microsoft?
-
I just joined in here, but as a small buisness server user I would like to see a distro that makes it easy for a windows user to set up a true File, Mail, SQL, and online collaboration server. I am a competant Windows guy but I am experimenting with linux. I would need it to be Super Easy for a *nix novice to configure all the services.
Similar Threads
-
By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 11:17 AM
-
By mstromberg in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 11:50 PM
-
By Zeb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 11:53 PM
-
By stefan_tm in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 11:56 PM
-
By cmcclean in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore Plus/4 computer for parts or restore
$50.00

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ
$129.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore VIC-20 Dead Test Rom - USA seller
$19.99

Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller
$17.99

Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply
$169.99

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung
$297.98

Commodore 16 C16 Computer Matching Serial Box Tutor Cartridge Tested Workong
$174.99