at the "main screen", or boot prompt, enter "knoppix noacpi" (no quotes)
Never used Linux before, so excuse me if this has come up before.
I burned Knoppix 3.3 to CD-R, and set my bios to boot from CD.
Seems to go fine, I get the main screen, press enter, and the Penguin appears. Then I get..
hde - lost interrupt
this repeats over and over.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks.
at the "main screen", or boot prompt, enter "knoppix noacpi" (no quotes)
I tried what you said, it didn't work, still get the same thing.
Then try to disable acpi in the BIOS setup.Originally Posted by Tool Man
For all "official" releases of Knoppix so far "noacpi" does not change anything because ACPI support is not compiled into the kernel. Howerver, what you might want to try is "noapic" (IMO "ACPI" is a very very poor choice of name, easy to confuse with "APIC" even though they are completely different things) If that doesn't help i'd suggest you try all the other cheatcodes available too. (press F2 at the boot prompt to get a list of them)
HA HA, thanks dude.........it's alive. sorry, got carried away, but this is my first time trying Linux.
noapic worked, booted fine, im running it now, using Mozilla. I'm amazed how it picked up all my hardware, and I have some pretty weird stuff![]()
anyway, Im off to explore it for a while, never know, might even do an HD install next![]()
thanks again

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99