-
Automatically ip address config ...
Hi. I'm a student from Romania living in a campus. I tried using Knoppix 3.3, but I had some problems in my net card configuration. Under Windows I use "Automaticaly detect settings" for configuring my IP, but under Knoppix I can't configure network acces using DHCP. Is there any hope? If any please help me.
Thanks.
With regards Afi
-
First thing you should try to do is find out if the card is being recognised or not.
What type of network card is it? If you are not sure, what is the output of lspci -v?
What is the output of ifconfig -a?
Also, are you running Knoppix from CD or have you installed to hard disk?
THO
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Automatically ip address config ...

Originally Posted by
afi
Hi. I'm a student from Romania living in a campus. I tried using Knoppix 3.3, but I had some problems in my net card configuration. Under Windows I use "Automaticaly detect settings" for configuring my IP, but under Knoppix I can't configure network acces using DHCP. Is there any hope? If any please help me.
Thanks.
With regards Afi

You may want to try from a console window (clam shell icon on taskbar) pump -i eth0 to try force it to give you an IP you may also want to try from the boot: prompt knoppix noapic or knoppix noacpi.
-
Thanks
Thanks a lot for your help, but I still can't make it work. It's all ok, but when Knoppix boots in graphic mode, there's no signal from my video card.
Thanks a lot again.
With regards,
Afi
Similar Threads
-
By RT in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2004, 09:18 AM
-
By Flower in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By jdally in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 05:58 AM
-
By koselan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99