Knoppix will automatically use existing swap partitions. Parsing 'noswap' to the kernel via lilo at bootup should allow you to nuke the swap partition.
Hi,
I have a few serious bugs when installing Knoppix 3.3 to HD which I don't have when running off CD. Perhaps I can get some answers here?
First, I recognized that an attached Promise ATA133 TX2 IDE card will make Lilo unable to wirte to the HD, MBR or Partition.
So I disconnected it, which helped.
Then I noticed that QTParted cannot delete Linux-Swap partitions. I have an ASUS P4PE mainboard and installed with "sudo knoppix-installer".
Anyone know why QTParted can earase anything else, but not Linux-Swap partitions?
Because Promise cards don't seem to work with Linux, I bought an expensive 3ware 8506-8 RAID card.
When running Knoppix 3.3 off CD, ther's no problem, all HDDs are accessible.
When istalling Knoppix 3.3 to HD, the HDs on the 3ware card and even hdb (on IDE-2) are visible on the desktop, but when opening them, Konqueror reports an error. (Cannot mount or something) In the shell all HD are accessible normaly.
This ONLY happens on HD installed Knoppix, not off CD!
Weird huh?
Mark
Knoppix will automatically use existing swap partitions. Parsing 'noswap' to the kernel via lilo at bootup should allow you to nuke the swap partition.
Hi:
I don't know the reason you want to delete your swapp partition, but if you want, run knoppix from Cd and then use QTparted as root (from shell):
#su
#qtparted
In this way you are allowed to do modifications in your partitions, if you can't you could use different programs like fdisk or similar.
In order to access your partitions (disks) try configuring your kde desktop and choosing the different icons you want to see. Make different test as you see they work or not

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99
16GB(2x 8GB) Crucial DDR3L-1600 SODIMM / Lot of 2 8GB / Laptop RAM Memory / A25
$17.99
Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99
G.SKILL Trident Z 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 PC4-28800 F4-3600C15D-16GTZ w/ XMP
$139.00
32GB (4x8gb) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666MHz PC RAM CMK32GX4M4A2666C16R
$100.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99