-
HDD install BUGS
Hi,
I have a few serious bugs when installing Knoppix 3.3 to HD which I don't have when running off CD. Perhaps I can get some answers here?
First, I recognized that an attached Promise ATA133 TX2 IDE card will make Lilo unable to wirte to the HD, MBR or Partition.
So I disconnected it, which helped.
Then I noticed that QTParted cannot delete Linux-Swap partitions. I have an ASUS P4PE mainboard and installed with "sudo knoppix-installer".
Anyone know why QTParted can earase anything else, but not Linux-Swap partitions?
Because Promise cards don't seem to work with Linux, I bought an expensive 3ware 8506-8 RAID card.
When running Knoppix 3.3 off CD, ther's no problem, all HDDs are accessible.
When istalling Knoppix 3.3 to HD, the HDs on the 3ware card and even hdb (on IDE-2) are visible on the desktop, but when opening them, Konqueror reports an error. (Cannot mount or something) In the shell all HD are accessible normaly.
This ONLY happens on HD installed Knoppix, not off CD!
Weird huh?
Mark
Similar Threads
-
By kn2user in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 04:48 PM
-
By pelican in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 07:02 PM
-
By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 01:15 AM
-
By gizmu in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 10:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99