Knoppix will automatically use existing swap partitions. Parsing 'noswap' to the kernel via lilo at bootup should allow you to nuke the swap partition.
Hi,
I have a few serious bugs when installing Knoppix 3.3 to HD which I don't have when running off CD. Perhaps I can get some answers here?
First, I recognized that an attached Promise ATA133 TX2 IDE card will make Lilo unable to wirte to the HD, MBR or Partition.
So I disconnected it, which helped.
Then I noticed that QTParted cannot delete Linux-Swap partitions. I have an ASUS P4PE mainboard and installed with "sudo knoppix-installer".
Anyone know why QTParted can earase anything else, but not Linux-Swap partitions?
Because Promise cards don't seem to work with Linux, I bought an expensive 3ware 8506-8 RAID card.
When running Knoppix 3.3 off CD, ther's no problem, all HDDs are accessible.
When istalling Knoppix 3.3 to HD, the HDs on the 3ware card and even hdb (on IDE-2) are visible on the desktop, but when opening them, Konqueror reports an error. (Cannot mount or something) In the shell all HD are accessible normaly.
This ONLY happens on HD installed Knoppix, not off CD!
Weird huh?
Mark
Knoppix will automatically use existing swap partitions. Parsing 'noswap' to the kernel via lilo at bootup should allow you to nuke the swap partition.
Hi:
I don't know the reason you want to delete your swapp partition, but if you want, run knoppix from Cd and then use QTparted as root (from shell):
#su
#qtparted
In this way you are allowed to do modifications in your partitions, if you can't you could use different programs like fdisk or similar.
In order to access your partitions (disks) try configuring your kde desktop and choosing the different icons you want to see. Make different test as you see they work or not

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$3199.00
QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$16.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
Samsung 860 EVO Series 1TB, 2.5 Inch (MZ76E1T0E) Solid State Drive
$84.99