I may be wrong, but I don't think that there is a sensible way if doing this.
Is it possible to install, for instance, Open Office 1.1 from the Knoppix CD onto a Linux already on my HD? Please forgive if this is answered somewhere already which I've yet to discover...
I may be wrong, but I don't think that there is a sensible way if doing this.
I believe you are looking for dpkg-repack that is included on the CD from the package description:Originally Posted by mmw1231
Now if you can get it to work from the booted CD that's a question I do not have an answer for you may want to search for a couple of Fabianx's live install scripts on the forum here to see what he does to access the dpkg database it may give you a few ideas if you run into trouble. Worst case senario you install to a spare partition repack the .deb(s) you need and wipe out the unused partition.HappyTux:/home/stephen/archives/tar# apt-cache show dpkg-repack
Package: dpkg-repack
Priority: optional
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 60
Maintainer: Joey Hess <[email protected]>
Architecture: all
Version: 1.18
Depends: perl
Filename: pool/main/d/dpkg-repack/dpkg-repack_1.18_all.deb
Size: 10670
MD5sum: 78c1dcadbfa0777c28d08f0dfca3aaea
Description: puts an unpacked .deb file back together
dpkg-repack creates a .deb file out of a debian package that has already
been installed. If any changes have been made to the package while it was
unpacked (ie, files in /etc were modified), the new package will inherit
the changes.
.
This utility can make it easy to copy packages from one computer to another,
or to recreate packages that are installed on your system, but no longer
available elsewhere, or to store the current state of a package before you
upgrade it.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99