What do you see on the CD if you let XP start ?
Hi there...
I will sum up whats happening:
1.Downloaded Knoppix3.3
2.Put it on CD
3.Go to my bios and change boot sequence so that it boots from CD rom first.
4. Restart my pc
5. It just boots to Windows XP...
Am i doing anything wrong?
Plz a detailed guide!
Thx In Advance
BlAcK-OuT
What do you see on the CD if you let XP start ?
hey, wot prog u usin to burn the disc??
well...
I used Easy DVD/CD Burner to burn it...
I dont see anything... its just: the cdrom is in, i RESTART my computer, and it just starts windows XP, nothing else...
Thx for ur fast replies![]()
Btw,
I have read some stuff about: bootable disks and stuff...
i havent done any of that...
I just burnt it to the cd... did nothing special or so!
No, I mean just let XP start, then look at the CD contents in windows.Originally Posted by blackout
Err...
Shows the icon of a winRAR file...
but on propertys its sais its a ISO
goddamnit i think i found it!
It was like: Cdrom Drive > Folderhere> Knoppix
logical it didnt boot, now i have to dl knoppix again!!
Don't burn the file to cd; burn it as an image.Originally Posted by blackout
Yep, what happened is a new iso filesystem was created by the burner software and the image file of the Knoppix filesystem was placed inside it. No need to download again even if you have wiped it of the hard drive, in that case just move it back from the CD you just created.Originally Posted by jfitie
Then start the burner software again and look for an option to burn a pre-existing iso file instead of creating a new one.

Vintage 1999 Hot Wheels PC USB Keyboard SK-1100U(E) + Speakers Patriot Tested
$145.00
Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW
$1000.00
Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00
AHANIX Platinum XP ATX PC Tower Case LCD Thermometer Vintage Retro Black/Silver
$109.99
Ultra Wizard ULT31580 ATX Mid Tower PC Case Jet Black Vintage Retro Gaming
$114.99
Power up TC3J-4511 ATX Mid-Tower PC Case Black Vintage Retro Computer
$127.50
Vintage 1988 Tandy 1000 SL SL/2 Audio / Reset I/O Board P/N 8709867 Rev D
$34.77
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
VINTAGE GATEWAY SOLO 5100 LAPTOP BUNDLE CD-ROM FLOPPY BATTERY CORD TESTED WORKS
$148.00
Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights
$199.00