-
Senior Member
registered user
I got my DOS (finicky) program to run - FINALLY 
I tried Wine, hated that I didn't have Windos installed...
I tried DosBox, the program didn't like it...
I tried a second hard drive, with Win98 installed...
***** Wine wouldn't run a DOS program...
***** DosBox, again, the program didn't like it...
THE FINAL SOLVE (to this long standing hatered of a DOS program and Linux)
1) Win98 installed on a second hard drive ( I don't think I had to have it this way, since, I mapped a DOS drive letter through Linux's device mount point)
2) apt-get and install both DosEmu and FreeDos - set up a drive mapping for drive D: to my mount point of my Linux device mounted Win98 hard drive.
AND THE DOS PROGRAM RUNS PERFECTLY 
YES, YES, and triple YES -=- Cuddles is doing the "happy dance" all around the room
This thread is finally resolved, and I want to thank everyone, for all the help, and my DOS program thanks you all too 
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By GStoll in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-03-2004, 04:02 AM
-
By ckassab in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 03:47 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 05:31 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 03:48 PM
-
By koolmoose in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 01:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95