-
Junior Member
registered user
Help with a kernel question
I think I am doing something pretty stupid, but I cannot see what is wrong. I am trying to compile and install the S3 Savage4 DRI module that is being developed. I downloaded the driver sources and the 2.4.22 kernel source. I am supposed to compile like this.
:/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel# make -f Makefile.linux LINUXDIR=/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.22-xfs
but I get this message
make -C /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.22-xfs SUBDIRS=`pwd` DRMSRCDIR=`pwd` modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.22-xfs'
The present kernel configuration has modules disabled.
Type 'make config' and enable loadable module support.
Then build a kernel with module support enabled.
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.22-xfs'
make: *** [modules] Error 2
I figure Knoppix 3.3 kernel has to be using modules so it looks like the make file is confused. I looked at the source of the Makefile and it looks to be geared towards RedHat. Is this a problem with the layout of the kernel source in Knoppix or have I done something stupid?
Similar Threads
-
By raduen in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 11:49 PM
-
By nizedude in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 10:04 AM
-
By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
-
By Tortoise in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-14-2003, 07:49 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore 64c Computer System
$550.00

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore VIC-1540 Single Floppy Disk Drive Rare Power Tested
$199.99

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99