-
cmpci problem
Hi everybody:
I have a small problem that I want to solve.
My soundcard is a MaxiSound Muse, using the cmpci driver to work. It works fine but it has two speaker outputs: rear and front. I don't know if quadrafonic sound is supported, and I think it doesn't mind very much. My problem is that i can ear sound only from the front speakers and i can't see ways to activate the rear ones from mixer.
I have done a lspci -v, the results of cmpci are:
Code:
00:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)
Subsystem: Guillemot Corporation: Unknown device 0020
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 10
I/O ports at de00 [size=256]
Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2
doing a lsmod:
Code:
# lsmod
Module Size Used by Not tainted
appletalk 23140 1 (autoclean)
ipx 19524 1 (autoclean)
parport_pc 24840 1 (autoclean)
lp 7492 0 (autoclean)
parport 22496 1 (autoclean) [parport_pc lp]
autofs4 8756 1
af_packet 13448 0
ext3 64132 0 (unused)
jbd 46292 0 [ext3]
ntfs 51168 0 (unused)
msdos 4652 0 (unused)
nls_iso8859-1 2844 0 (unused)
nls_cp437 4348 0 (unused)
agpgart 38296 0 (unused)
cmpci 33460 1
soundcore 3428 4 [cmpci]
8139too 17096 1
mii 2240 0 [8139too]
crc32 2816 0 [8139too]
serial 51972 0
usb-ohci 18184 0 (unused)
usbcore 57472 0 [usb-ohci]
apm 9768 2
rtc 6908 0 (autoclean)
reiserfs 169392 1
The driver is ok but running other distros like suse9.0Live eval or Mandrake there is sound from the rear speakers. Where are the differencies from those to knoppix?
One day investigating I donloaded a program called "cmictl" that is a configuration tool for my sound card, but when I set the 4speakers mode, it doesn't work, the sound is just from the front speakers.
Can someone help me? at least explain me why it works in suse and not in Knoppix.
thanks
Similar Threads
-
By dobell in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 12:53 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$199.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99