Maybe the floppy is faulty, try a few different.
I purchased a Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-19 i486 CD and made a floppy boot disk a per instructions. When I insert both disks and restart the computer, I get a list of perhaps hundreds of IO Errors indicating "bytes missing"
The list ends with "Kernel panic: no init found. Try passing init=option to kernel"
Do I have a defective disk? Can I solve this problem?
Maybe the floppy is faulty, try a few different.
Absolutely correct. Thanks!

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Ooma 2602 Office IP Desk Phones 2-Pack for Ooma Office VoIP
$153.98
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H
$29.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Cisco CP-7841-K9 4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5" Display NEW
$89.99
magicJack HOME VoIP Phone Adapter K1103 USB/RJ-45 Black 1-Line Caller ID
$32.00
Cisco 7942G IP VoIP Telephone Phone 7942 (CP-7942G)
$15.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07