Maybe the floppy is faulty, try a few different.
I purchased a Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-19 i486 CD and made a floppy boot disk a per instructions. When I insert both disks and restart the computer, I get a list of perhaps hundreds of IO Errors indicating "bytes missing"
The list ends with "Kernel panic: no init found. Try passing init=option to kernel"
Do I have a defective disk? Can I solve this problem?
Maybe the floppy is faulty, try a few different.
Absolutely correct. Thanks!

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00
Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset
$64.99
Grandstream HT801 v2 Single Port Analog Telephone Adapter
$33.50
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99