-
Trying to boot Knoppix 3.3 from HD on a machine with Suse 9.
I have copied all Knoppix files to a partition on the hard drive. This partition does not have anything else on it. I also copied the files from boot.img to the root dir of the partition.
I added the following to /etc/lilo.conf and ran lilo:
image = /mnt/cu/vmlinuz
append="lang=en apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix"
label = Knoppix
initrd = /mnt/cu/miniroot.gz
root = /dev/hda3
vga = 0x31a
When I ask LILO to boot "Knoppix" the little penguin shows up on the screen (so LILO did find the initial boot files). Then the booter tries to find the cdrom (there is no disk in the drive). It hangs for a while doing that, then some stuff flickers by to fast to read. After that I get the "Can't find Knoppix filesystem" error.
I also used boot.img to create a boot floppy. The same thing happens when I use that to boot.
I have successfully created modified Knoppix CDs so the files I put on the HD are OK.
How can I get the system to boot from a HD partition?
Similar Threads
-
By HewJass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 03:44 AM
-
By bigrobot in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 02:32 PM
-
By danielh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 07:09 AM
-
By musen in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 08:59 PM
-
By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 21
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 05:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99