-
Knoppix Help BADLY NEEDED
I'm feeling really stupid. I just spent an hour downloading and burning Knoppix V3.3 onto a CD and now the entire program is in German! Is there an english version, and if so where can I get it? If not, how can I switch my Language to English? (If you haven't figured it out yet I can't speak a word of German!)
Please Respond,
Litedrum
-
Senior Member
registered user
When you get the "boot:" prompt, type the following...
knoppix lang=en
and press enter.
When you boot into Knoppix, if you have a little flag right by the clock, at the bottom of the screen, try clicking the flag to see if it changes to a US and the US Flag. (if it isn't already a US Flag)
But, I think the CD, at the boot prompt, sets you up for English.
LiteDrum, Knoppix is originally released in German, and most default to this language, unless you download a English specific version. ( I also have the German version, and yes, it is hard to understand, if you don't know the language
)
Cuddles
-
In the same place
normaly there are both versions English and German on the servers, you have to check the last letters, EN for english.
-
Senior Member
registered user
If knoppix lang=en doesn't work try knoppix lang=us.
-
Senior Member
registered user
True, CrashedAgain, funny, the documentation states using the =us, but I have found the =en works as well -=- possibly an "undocumented" feature of Knoppix
[giggle]
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By knoppicks in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2004, 06:37 PM
-
By gyro in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 03:22 AM
-
By linux-noob in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 05:58 AM
-
By lucs in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-20-2003, 07:00 PM
-
By Sitting Bull in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 02:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-768GB +384GB - 656-0119/ 656-0120
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$155.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$949.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00