-
Junior Member
registered user
PLEASE HELP!!XServer starts with Screen going haywire
Hi:
I wanted to try Gnoppix; I am posting here hopefully you can this question.
Knoppix works fine; It recognizes Trident video card and calls for Xfree(vesa) Everything works fine.
But when I use Gnoppix it recognizes the video card as trident GUI and use Xfree(trident) and the screen at the end of load up is with a llot of horizontal lines streaming and I cannot use the desktop.
How can I solve this problem.> OS is Win2k Pentium 400 Mhz.
Also, is it poissible to get Gnome desktop intead of KDE on Knoppix.
Thanks for your help.
Art
Similar Threads
-
By brigi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-26-2006, 05:02 AM
-
By jlcurty in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-02-2005, 01:13 AM
-
By redss in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By psionides in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 11:23 AM
-
By Joseph Schiller in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included
$299.99