-
Onboard i865 sound card problem
The truth is I'm a very newbie in Linux system.
I'd just installed Knoppix into my PC with :
- Pentium 4 2.6GHz HyperThreading enabled
- 256 MB DDR SDRAM dual channel memory enabled
- GeForce4 MX AGP 8X
- Intel 865PERL motherboard with i865PE chipset
- Realtek RTL8139 pci network card
- Audio onboard SoundMAX 4XL using Analog Devices AD 1985 codec
Everything runs well ( I'd even upgraded it with the newest kernel ).....except the soundcard. There's no sound came out.
I guess it's an incompatibillity problem. From my experiences installing Knoppix onto older system than I have right now, like those with i810 audio.... there's no problem.
But somehow, I want it work. So, I beg u guys to help me out.....please
--Thanx--
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Onboard i865 sound card problem

Originally Posted by
darkhack
The truth is I'm a very newbie in Linux system.
I'd just installed Knoppix into my PC with :
- Pentium 4 2.6GHz HyperThreading enabled
- 256 MB DDR SDRAM dual channel memory enabled
- GeForce4 MX AGP 8X
- Intel 865PERL motherboard with i865PE chipset
- Realtek RTL8139 pci network card
- Audio onboard SoundMAX 4XL using Analog Devices AD 1985 codec
Everything runs well ( I'd even upgraded it with the newest kernel ).....except the soundcard. There's no sound came out.
I guess it's an incompatibillity problem. From my experiences installing Knoppix onto older system than I have right now, like those with i810 audio.... there's no problem.
But somehow, I want it work. So, I beg u guys to help me out.....please
--Thanx--
Well what have you tried so far?
I'll start with the basics - assuming these things haven't been tried yet. (Note Well - I'm also assuming that your sound card is SUPPORTED under linux. You may need to spend some time googing to verify this. If the sound card isn't suppported then the rest of my advice will be of no use).
First, simply try running sndconfig
If that doesn't work, you might also try executing /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig
Finally run xaumix (or aumix) and make sure your volume levels are turned up.
Similar Threads
-
By AngelFch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
-
By frank34 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
-
By Sukrillux in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 05:39 AM
-
By buatsms in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 09:16 PM
-
By The CafFIEND in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 33
Last Post: 09-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$111.30

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00