I have exactly the same problem.
I have tried Knoppix 3.3 & 3.4 and the problem is the same.
If you happen to have found a cure could you post it please.
Thanks,
Den
Hello All,
I am having trouble booting Knoppix 3.3 11-19 on my desktop computer. Found out that I could run the CD on both my laptop and another desktop in the house.
Boot stops just after autoconfig done. After spending a good part of the day playing with various cheat codes, I decided to start pulling hardware. Finally discovered the problem to be my twinhan dvb-s card. Once this card was pulled, Knoppix booted properly.
The Twinhan dvb-s card is a BT-878 based card, but does not use the BT chip the same way as the TV cards. I assume that knoppix is trying to configure the BT878 as if it were in a TV card and that is what is causing the system to hang.
Since I want to keep the DVB card in my system, is there anyway to force Knoppix to ignore the card during the boot sequence? Or better yet is there any way to tell Knoppix how to configure the DVB-S card correctly.
Please be aware that knoppix is my first real foray into the world of linux. Therefore, please be explicit (treat me as if I were stupid) in your explanation if you have any suggestions that might help me. Thanks for taking time to read this post. Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
I have exactly the same problem.
I have tried Knoppix 3.3 & 3.4 and the problem is the same.
If you happen to have found a cure could you post it please.
Thanks,
Den
I have the same problem, and removed the Twinhan DVB-S Card after playing with the cheats....
In a other forum I read about, that the Twinhan have no valid or a unknown PC ID. And so the PCI Bus stops, freeze. I switch bak an search the information for a link....., back in minutes
Read http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/.../msg00404.html for the information I found.
This means if we could claim the type of card (cheat or config on floppy) it shoul work. Could anyone say something about this? How can we tell the type of card?In linux, if I forget to tell bttv the card type, it hard locks.
--- added later ---
I found something interesting:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...highlight=bttv
He wrotes about first starting Prog X then Y in the other case the system hangs.
Is there be any posibility to change the startup routine, that the Twinhan get the required registers?
or better yet is there is a way to tell at boot time not to use or disable bttv cards.
I would like to try Knoppix on my computer without removing the Twinhan card.
Are there some other DVB-S Cards that work or is it a problem of the twinhan card only?

Crucial 2.5" 5210 ION 7.6TB SATA III 6Gbps SSD MTFDDAKT6QDE
$549.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99
Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$74.99