Hi,
I have 2 HDD's. On one I have windows installed (2k&XP) and on the other one I figured I'd install knoppix just to give it a try, since I'm not only knoppix newbie but also Linux newbie
I have installed Knoppix 3.1 (the latest one i could get from a local cd shop ) on the primary slave disk and during the instalation i had no probs. BUT: when i tried to boot linux lilo wouldnt boot and all it showed is bunch of zeros and ones or 99 99 ..... what does it mean? how can i make it boot from primary slave? Just for the record: it DOES boot if i switch the disk to which im installing it to to primary master or if i boot from the boot diskette...

Now, some of you are probably wondering why didnt i install lilo to the MBR of the first hdd, why did i even try to boot it form the secondary in the first place. Well the answer to that is that on the first HDD i had to install DDO driver, due to some BIOS-HDD detection problems and i dont know how lilo and DDO "get along".... so im stuck Im affraid that lilo might overwrite MBR and remove DDO and in that case all of the data on the "windows" HDD would be lost

What should i do?