-
Buslink USB HD Not found
I'm very new to Linux and Knoppix so please forgive any Newbie questions
I'm using a recent Knoppix Cd, downloaded and burned sometime in early January 2004 on a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop, plugged into a Dell Port Replicator with 2 USB ports. I'm unable to find my external Buslink Model L40/40G HD under Knoppix using either USB port. I've tried looking with Fdisk -l, Applications-->Tools-->USbView and even gave a shot at Mount but it said the USB was already mounted. My USB Smart Card reader running off a Belkin USB 4 port hub works, I can plug it in and it works, take it out and it dissappears from USbView
I found a link to a user supplied Driver at http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=605
My questions are
1. How can I determine if this driver is installed in Knoppix
2. If not, how do I install it into Knoppix running off the CD. It's probably wise to mention that I have to use the boot floppy because my BIOS won't recognize my LITE-On CD-RW
3. Is there any thing else I could try
Thank you
Similar Threads
-
By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-24-2005, 04:31 PM
-
By GFBurke in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 02:37 AM
-
By justmyskin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 05:23 AM
-
By saxmanbob in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 04:41 PM
-
By aay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box
$74.99

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$18.95

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE
$65.00