Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Citrix ICA 7 won't run on HD copy of KNOPPIX

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30

    Citrix ICA 7 won't run on HD copy of KNOPPIX

    I am trying to get the ICA v7 Client running on my linux computer (KNOPPIX HD install - debian distro)

    I tried two ways. One was to unpack the linuxx86.tar.gz file. Then run the ./setupwfc install script. Seemed to go fine.

    When I go click on Citrix ICA client under applications the intro screen pops up and then dies. Nothing no errors.

    I am not a linux person (yet) so I tried a bunch of things.

    The one thing that looks odd but I have no clue on how to fix is this:

    root@Knoppix:~/Software/citrix/V7# ldd /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica
    libXaw.so.6 => not found
    libXt.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6 (0x418b0000)
    libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x41306000)
    libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x41171000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x41019000)
    libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x41967000)
    libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x4193e000)
    /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x41000000)


    There are libXaw.so.7 library.

    I also tried the RPM install with alien. Again it looks like it installed but the appliation icons are not there and when I go and run the wfica manually it looks like the same problem happens.

    I have tried the web client (6.3 something I think) but when I go to the farm and trie to run a session it just asks me where to store the ica file and won't run it.

    the V7 install asks if I want to integrate with netscape (I assume it is talking about mozilla not Konqueror. But I have tried to look at both. The instructions say I have to go enable the plugin after the install but it is not listed anywhere that i can find in the browser(s) config menus.

    I hope someone can tell me what to do. I am try to do this for work.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Looks to me as though it needs earlier libXaw.so version.

    What do Citrix say? Is there a list of required libraries?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30
    No reply from the citrix web site. I have not been able to find anything that says what is needed.

    How can I get the older version of the library installed?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    203

    ahh

    thats a bit tricky....
    the interface really sucks, its old motif stuff, like acroread so I guess the libs are pretty dated.

    Ive used it under Solaris and it works nicely if a bit ugly but getting the older versions of the libs without wrecking your install is a bit of a pain.

    Theoretically you could download the source and compile them then put them somewhere other where makeinstall puts them ,,,,
    then write a startup script for ica that uses the old libs... setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH vars'
    However, you are likely to run into dependency hell when doing it....

    If I were doing this I'd install an old distro somewhere supported by ICA and get it working first then start working out ther deps....

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30
    Found out a little more

    If I run ./wfica while in kate editor I get the following message in the terminal window
    ./wfica
    ./wfica: error while loading shared libraries: libXaw.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

    I ran ldconfig -p to get a list of something??? And found the file mentioned above so I don't know what all this means? is this a reference that software is supposed to use to find libararies? The file is there.
    libXaw.so.6 (libc5) => /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/libXaw.so.6

    If I can't figure this out soon I will have to look for another distro to work with and hope the problem is not there. I hope I don't have to but I need something that works. I have posted on Citrix/debian/knoppix and everywhere else I can think of. I have had some suggestions but nothing has worked. (or is way over my head to attempt).

    Any suggestions?? Thanks

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    203

    possible cheat

    This might work.....

    How about creating a symlink with the version it wants....

    OK it isn't neat but it might just work..

    I don't think you'll find any up-to-date distro (in all honesty) but you never know.
    If you browse ditrowatch you get a listing of the present libraries in each distro.....

    Actually just reread your last post....
    Its already symlinked but in the wrong place....
    Im not in linux right now (at work) but shouldn't the lib be in /usr/lib/<kernel version>/.....

    where is the libXaw.so.6 (libc5) ????

    Try using locate ??? (you might need to run updatedb first as root)

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30
    I will get that info this morning. Just wanted to mention something.
    I installed Knop 3.2 last night on my computer and had a little more luck. Not getting the library file problem (still could not get out, I think the firewall settings are blocking??? How can I turn off all firewall settings to test). I install the ica client fine ran it fine no errors. BUT i then ran apt-get update and updated everything. It then broke and went back to the same problem.

    HUM?

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    203

    Firewall

    I forget the port ICA uses by default but if you have access to the server its configurable through other ports too (like 80)
    Im busy rebuilding my main server right now when at home so sorry I cant be more helpful....'

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3
    FWIW, I am also trying to set up the MetaFrame client on a remastered Knoppix 3.3.

    Looking for libXaw.so.6? try:
    apt-get install libxaw6

  10. #10
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30
    I tried that a few weeks ago and it did not seem to want to install correctly. I tried again and it worked. Up until now I was doing this with v3.2 of knoppix and it seemed to work when v3.3 would not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to install Citrix on Knoppix CD???
    By PanosLinux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 11:39 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2005, 10:56 AM
  3. Getting Closer to KNOPPIX CITRIX CD
    By dugstratton in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 08:21 PM
  4. Citrix ICA 7 won't run on HD copy of KNOPPIX
    By dugstratton in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 11:57 AM
  5. knoppix cd with citrix ICAclient : menue-entry for user ?
    By subwoofer in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 02:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99