-
Senior Member
registered user
-=Help with mencoder recording / tv card=-
I am using Knoppix 3.3 11-19 (hard drive install) and trying to record tv shows using my Pinnacle PCTV card. I had a script that used to work for me on Knoppix 3.2 (07-07-03):
mencoder -tv on:driver=v4l:device=/dev/video0:norm=NTSC:width=352:height=288
-oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=800 -vop pp=lb
-endpos 30 -o test.avi
but I now get "illegal instruction" when I try to use that. I
understand that there is now a requirement to add tv:// to the end
such as:
mencoder -tv driver=v4l:device=/dev/video0:norm=NTSC:width=352:height=288
-oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=800 -vop pp=lb
-endpos 30 -o test.avi tv://
but I still get the same error.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else doing this same thing with a Hauppauge (or other brooktree) card?
Paul
Similar Threads
-
By abrand888 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 11:33 PM
-
By supermal in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 02:23 PM
-
By MrT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 07:43 AM
-
By amin_heydarpour in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-30-2003, 04:01 PM
-
By hazenmeek in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99