Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Any packet-writing (CD-rw) software for Linux?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Wilmington Delaware
    Posts
    41

    Any packet-writing (CD-rw) software for Linux?

    Now with the new functionality of kernel 2.6, do you know of any packages (present, or under development) that can make a CD-rw as easy to use as a floppy ?

    Just curious (I am not getting my hopes up though)


    --

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I don't know of any such software. I'm not sure I'd use it though even if i did. Maybe I'm biased from my experience with packet writng on windows, but I've never found it that reliable. I've always gotten better results by blanking the whole disk. Maybe it will prove more reliable under linux, but I'm inclined to think that the media itself may do better after a clean erase.

Similar Threads

  1. Software for Linux
    By Seyyapc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 12:51 AM
  2. Prevent users from writing MP3's and Movies in Linux
    By emmbec in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-25-2004, 11:34 AM
  3. Outgoing Packet Failure
    By Nataki in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 09:27 PM
  4. Writing to files from another Linux installation
    By thoroughfare in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 07:15 PM
  5. Antivirus Software for Linux?
    By aravind in forum General Support
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 11:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$16.41



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



Brocade ICX6450-24 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch W/ Ears picture

Brocade ICX6450-24 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch W/ Ears

$74.99