-
Senior Member
registered user
I am not sure about the "www.penquinppc.org" - Mozilla reports it not found as well, as for the Matrix screensaver, not sure on that one either.
I have both KDE screensavers, and also XScreensavers, both of the "Matrix" screensavers I have run as "modules" for the XScreenSaver. Possibly, this is what screensaver you have, and it won't work unless XScreenSaver fires it off.
As for your messages: you will get a few of those 404 not found messages, and even some like, timed out... What you want to know is: did it download any data, did it rebuild database data, did it go through setting up "program", or it might say something like: "setting [program] previously not installed" or something like that. At the bottom of the "apt-get install" - did it just give you "W: something..." - which would be warnings, or did you get "E: something..." - which, I take it, is errors. You have to interogate the output of the apt-get to determine what it did, or didn't do.
Try something like kscreensavers, I think thats what it is called - you can also include a "shopping list" with the apt-get... like this...
apt-get -u install cmatrix kscreensavers someotherpackage anotherpackage [etc...]
You might want to use the "-u" option, it helps tell you if something you are asking to install, may suggust additional or recommended (associated) packages - sorry, I left this out on the previous post.
Keep "getting" some more packages, I don't know what happened with the CMatrix package, but practice, and trying another one, may give you success. (it works for me)
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By mikefw256 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00