-
Thank you very much for your help, but I still have problems.

Originally Posted by
arkaine23
Have you copied /etc/skel into /home/knoppix already? And chmodded and choiwned the files in /home/knoppix?
Have you made a /home/knoppix/.xinitrc file [...]
I've tried all this now and built a new Knoppix-CD, but this did not help.

Originally Posted by
arkaine23
try these things and then su knoppix and start x in your chroot/xnnest environment-
The problem is that I can't su. I tried "su" and got the message:
Code:
sudo: can't stat /etc/sudoers No such such file or directory
sendmail: [761] setgroups() failed: Operation not permitted
And after creating the file /etc/sudoers (chmod 0440) with the contents below I get the same error as quoted in my first posting.
Code:
root ALL = (ALL) ALL
knoppix ALL = (ALL) ALL
An interesting thing is that though I am able to su in my normal environment (Debian woody), I can't su after chrooting to the Knoppix-source:
Code:
sudo: unable to lookup <my machine's name> via gethostbyname()
sendmail: [641] setgroups() failed: Operation not permitted
sudo: can't stat /etc/sudoers: No such file or directory
sendmail: [642] setgroups() failed: Operation not permitted

Originally Posted by
arkaine23
PS-0 It's usually easier to boot with the cheatocde knoppix 2 and create knoppix's home from /etc/skel and startx without needing to xnest.
I've tried this but this did not work either. The KDE-startup-screen appeared but after some steps (varying) the system hanged and I had to kill the session with ctrl+alt+backspace.
Similar Threads
-
By wurm in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 03:04 PM
-
By Garibaldi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 04:27 PM
-
By grayfox777 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 06:54 AM
-
By piom in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 10:32 PM
-
By garrettvm in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 04:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99