-
Knoppix freezes with Soyo Dragon Utltra KT-333 mobo
Hi all
I've used Knoppix on several machines and like it. I'm now trying to install it on a box which has a Soyo Dragon Ultra KT-333 mobo, COrsair XMS PC2700 RAM, and an Athlon XP-2100+. This system has been running WinXP just fine, and I've also run memtest86 on it for several hours with no problems. The video card is a Geforce 4 MX.
However, Knoppix just freezes up on me. Sometimes it can take a while (say 10 minutes), and sometimes it happens almost immediately. It can freeze whether or not I boot off the CD (latest 3.3 I believe) or off the hard drive.
Anyone have any ideas? I'm about to give up and go back to Windows 
g.
Similar Threads
-
By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 54
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 03:32 PM
-
By RexBeans Explosion in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 01:10 AM
-
By GuyFawkes in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 05:55 PM
-
By agueybana21 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 01:44 AM
-
By pinochet in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 05:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99