Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can't get a good download

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2

    Can't get a good download

    I have been trying to download the Knoppix_V3.3-2003-11-19-EN.iso from various sites, but I can never get one where the MD5 sum matches the values in the sites' MD5 files. I've tried http downloads, ftp downloads (binary mode), from Linux and from Windows systems and I always wind up with a mismatch. I've been downloading files - Linux kernel sources and other large files - for years and I think I know what I'm doing. Does anyone else have problems with this iso? Any suggestions? I've never had such a hard time downloading a file.... Very frustrating

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Maybe once I had a problem when I used a browser to download. Try wget?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    denver, co
    Posts
    72
    I have a similar problem most of the time I've tried to download linux .isos over a dial up connection. I now use rsync whenever possible. Take a look at the man pages for rsync ( I don't know it well enough to tell you how to use it off the top of my head) and find an rsync server that has knoppix (ibiblio.org, maybe?). Rsync will check your cd image and will download parts needed to fix only what is wrong with it. Take your bad image and use rsync on it to fix it. Bittorrent also has error correction, and is probably easier to use than rsync. Try downloading it with bittorrent first, then try rsync.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2
    rsync solved the problem. Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Is this a good idea?
    By Krogen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 03:00 AM
  2. Good god, help us out!!!!
    By RealNitro in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 10:20 AM
  3. have a really good laugh!!
    By andrei in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 03:46 AM
  4. Good Job
    By a.lost.soul in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 02:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD picture

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD

$249.00



Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11 picture

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11

$89.99



DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS picture

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS

$99.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D 8-Core 3.0GHz Socket AM4 CPU 4MB L2 96MB L3 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D 8-Core 3.0GHz Socket AM4 CPU 4MB L2 96MB L3

$330.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD picture

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD

$179.99



HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box picture

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box

$299.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98