Now with the new functionality of kernel 2.6, do you know of any packages (present, or under development) that can make a CD-rw as easy to use as a floppy ?
Just curious (I am not getting my hopes up though)
--
Now with the new functionality of kernel 2.6, do you know of any packages (present, or under development) that can make a CD-rw as easy to use as a floppy ?
Just curious (I am not getting my hopes up though)
--
I don't know of any such software. I'm not sure I'd use it though even if i did. Maybe I'm biased from my experience with packet writng on windows, but I've never found it that reliable. I've always gotten better results by blanking the whole disk. Maybe it will prove more reliable under linux, but I'm inclined to think that the media itself may do better after a clean erase.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Lot of (10) (10*16Gb) mixed SK Hynix/Samsung 1Rx8 DDR4 Memory PC4-3200AA
$599.00
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00