-
Any packet-writing (CD-rw) software for Linux?
Now with the new functionality of kernel 2.6, do you know of any packages (present, or under development) that can make a CD-rw as easy to use as a floppy ?
Just curious (I am not getting my hopes up though)
--
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't know of any such software. I'm not sure I'd use it though even if i did. Maybe I'm biased from my experience with packet writng on windows, but I've never found it that reliable. I've always gotten better results by blanking the whole disk. Maybe it will prove more reliable under linux, but I'm inclined to think that the media itself may do better after a clean erase.
Similar Threads
-
By Seyyapc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2005, 12:51 AM
-
By emmbec in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 11:34 AM
-
By Nataki in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 09:27 PM
-
By thoroughfare in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 07:15 PM
-
By aravind in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 11:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop 14” FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT
$120.85