-
Senior Member
registered user
Booting to Knoppix v3.3 gets ... Permission Denied (solved)
Help, I have been trying to get a DOS partition on my hda device working, and since I couldn't figure out (myself) how to get the fstab entry right, I booted to the CD, with a noswap boot option.
Since the CD Boot could see, and even mount, my hda2 (dos partition), I wanted to look at the fstab file done by the CD.
Being brave, I figured I could add the entry into "my" fstab file, which is on hda1...
So, I mounted hda1, and went into /etc/fstab - and tryied to add the hda2 entry, upon trying to save the updated file on hda1, it yelled I didn't have priviledges. So, I bailed out, and figured I could memorize the line entry, until I could reboot back into the hda1 HD install.
Upon (trying to) reboot into hda1 (knoppix hd installed), I get the following, until it locks up....
/etc/init.d/rcS: line ##: /[folder]/[something]: [description]: Permission Denied
Line numbers go from 1 up to 91, until it locks up. All these messages are coming from the boot, right after the LILO, and after the penguin logo hits the screen.
What did I do, and how do I fix it???? PLEASE 
As a consolation, hda1 was formatted with ext3 file system, if that helps? Sheesh, all I did was boot to the CD, and "touch", or "mount" my knoppix hard drive install - please, someone tell me what I can do to resolve this, my system is deader than a doornail at the moment - and I'm seriously going through "Linux Withdrawl" 
Thanks to anyone, and everyone who can get me back alive...
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By xaviers2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 10:23 PM
-
By Valhalla in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By relinguin in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 01:02 PM
-
By djoey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 10:27 PM
-
By simple in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-23-2002, 05:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00