-
Senior Member
registered user
Disregard....
(Noob, seriously, Noob, here)
In the attempt toi get my hda2 (dos partition) mounted through fstab, I inadvertantly, got hda1 and hda2 mounting to the same location - "/"
Since hda1 was a ext3, and hda2 was a vfat - the two coulldn't mount the same location, and ( I guess ) during bootup, Linux/Knoppix got seriously confused, and spewd out error messages, and refused to boot. Actually a VERY GOOD thing, in fact, if "someone" would have made any changes on the hda2 partiton, pointing to hda1, I think I would have been doing a re-install 
I don't think the CD had anything to do with it, I think the CD just got caught in the cross-fire of my changing fstab - I booted into the CD, noswap single cheatcodes, made hda1 writtable, su'ed to root, and commented out the mount command in fstab for hda2 - booted back into Linux/Knoppix HD installed hda1 - PERFECTLY.
I guess you can say one good/bad thing about Linux -=- a little information about the OS, CAN get you into a LOT of trouble -=- On the "excellent" side, at least the CD doesn't give you THAT MUCH "muscle" to mess up things too much 
Case closed, mission accomplished, fire out, flames dead, topic/thread resolved... Frozen-Bubble -> running as normal [giggle]
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By xaviers2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 10:23 PM
-
By Valhalla in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By relinguin in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 01:02 PM
-
By djoey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 10:27 PM
-
By simple in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-23-2002, 05:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Lot of 15 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets for Parts
$338.63

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T307U 8.4" Tablet (Gray 32GB) T-Mobile CRACKED
$31.38

Samsung 4 X 4GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA SO-DIMM Laptop Memory M471A5244CB0-CWE
$80.00