-
I figured it out last night. Apparently, my Knoppix CD is bad. Even though the hd install went perfectly, I had lots of files in /sbin that were empty (0 bytes). Included in these files was 'getty' and 'shutdown'. So, that explains the errors I was getting.
After discovering this, I booted with the CD using 'knoppix testcd' and it failed when checking the knoppix image. So, I booted up with a 7/26/03 CD, mounted my hd install (hdd2) and copied all of the files from the /sbin directory to /mnt/hdd2/sbin where the existing /mnt/hdd2/sbin files had 0 bytes size.
This seems to have worked fine. No more "respawing too fast" errors, and the machine shuts down properly when you select 'shutdown' or 'shutdown and restart'.
I'm planning to burn a fresh Knoppix 3.3 CD today.
Thanks,
BamaRob
Similar Threads
-
By metzelplik in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 08:11 PM
-
By maxxedout in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 08:33 PM
-
By bilzer in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 06:53 AM
-
By bamarob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 04:10 PM
-
By m in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-01-2003, 12:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Lot of 10 Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage UNCLAIMED
$22000.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco QSFP-100G-SR4-S QSFP 100Gbps Transceiver Module 1-Port 1 Module
$300.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99