I don't know exactly which chipsets and hence which modems are covered by this, but Knoppix does include a CDCEther module which has in the past allowed me to connect using a USB ADSL modem.
Now Knoppix Live allows to use only 56Ks or Ethernet Modems.What abount including the Eciadsl drivers in next versions in order to make available even an USB adsl connection?
![]()
I don't know exactly which chipsets and hence which modems are covered by this, but Knoppix does include a CDCEther module which has in the past allowed me to connect using a USB ADSL modem.
Which USB modem did you use? A Globespan chipset one?
![]()
Hello !
I have Zoom X4 5551 external modem.It has USB and Ethernet ports.
I tried to configure my ADSL connection from Knoppix 3.3 desktop by using "ADSL/PPOE configuration".But i didn't manage to do it even from USB port and Ethernet.
I made configuration of Dial Up connection, i am using this connection for writing this message.
Also, i am a new user for linux and knoppix(about 15 days).
The pc i'm using was a windows pc.First master hard disk
had a problem.I removed it for service(I will replace it with a new 20gb hdd).
Now i have a cd rom drive(sec.master) and UDMA100/133 40GB hard disk(2nd slave) on this pc.Cpu is K7-500,mainboard is Asus.There is also a USB 2.0 pci controller and a PCI UDMA100 hard drive controller.I don't know if knoppix is loading suitable driver software for these hardware or not.
Sound card is S.Blaster Vibra 128 pci.In desktop openings and shutdown(dos display-after desktop screen is off), i hear a small message(a female voice) from speakers.But as it seems, there is not an available driver for this card in knoppix.
My question is "How do i use my ADSL line esp.by using USB port ? How can i make the configuration ?
If i connect a CDRW drive to this system, can i run other software from this cd drive (watching video cds etc) ?
First message of me in this forum but a long one.
If you answer by email it is ok.
Thanks in advance for your help.
caa

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99