Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Buying Knoppix CD in Brisbane??

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    79

    Buying Knoppix CD in Brisbane??

    Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of the latest Knoppix CD
    in Brisbane (OZ)??
    I only have dialup with 4 hr sessions - The next version of knoppix would
    be out before I'd finished downloading with my modem

    All the best
    Rob

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Buying Knoppix CD in Brisbane??

    --Try www.cheapbytes.com , and see if they deliver to Au...

    This ( http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart/0070010870.html ) is a link to buy the Nov 8th release for $4.99 US.

    Quote Originally Posted by monkymind
    Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of the latest Knoppix CD
    in Brisbane (OZ)??
    I only have dialup with 4 hr sessions - The next version of knoppix would
    be out before I'd finished downloading with my modem

    All the best
    Rob

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    79

    Re: Buying Knoppix CD in Brisbane??

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bechtel
    --Try www.cheapbytes.com , and see if they deliver to Au...

    This ( http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart/0070010870.html ) is a link to buy the Nov 8th release for $4.99 US.
    Unfortunately it works out to about $32.00 AUS by the time it gets here

    Sometimes LSL www.lsl.com.au gets a copy in if there is enough demand.

    I really just posted the request on the off chance there was an unknown knoppix devotee in the area

    thanks for taking the time to answer
    rob

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Is there a linux user group in your area? Maybe someone there has access to more bandwidth and would be willing to download the newest version and make it available for people to copy. If there is a LUG in your area you might want to post a question about this at their site. People are usually more than willing to help out with this if they are able.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2

    Mail

    I'm guessing I could make a copy of Knoppix and get it to you for under $10. I'm feeling generous, so provide me your mailing address and I'll just send you a copy gratis. I am here - n3wslets (at) nonags (dot) com

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    http://www.lsl.com.au/reference/knoppix-31-GPL-note.php
    Thanks, but I'd already mentioned LSL in a post above
    Sometimes LSL www.lsl.com.au gets a copy in if there is enough demand
    And this is from your LSL link :-

    Publication Date:
    August 2002
    Contents:
    CD

    Regards
    rob

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3
    Maybe not Brissy but try "www.lsl.com.au" I saw it there quite cheaply and they're fast with dispatch. If you get on your bike now you'll have it before Chrissy,
    Regards
    Dietrich

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by timmd
    Maybe not Brissy but try "www.lsl.com.au" I saw it there quite cheaply and they're fast with dispatch. If you get on your bike now you'll have it before Chrissy,
    Regards
    Dietrich
    I'm aware of LSL as they had downloaded Knoppix copies for me in AUG and early NOV. BTW I'd mentioned LSL in my second post :-

    Quote Originally Posted by monkymind
    Sometimes LSL www.lsl.com.au gets a copy in if there is enough demand.

    I really just posted the request on the off chance there was an unknown knoppix devotee in the area
    Partly I was just curious to see if there was another Knoppix user (more dedicated) in the area.

    Since it had been a while since I contacted LSL and there has been 3 post suggesting I try them - I did and they downloaded the 2002-12-12 iso(though their web page has listed it as November 2002)

    So I guess that ends this thread,
    thanks for all the help

    rob
    PS The bike's going fine after getting new clutch and engine oil seal but a trip to Melbourne!? Not this year!! :P

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    5
    www.everythinglinux.com.au from sydney do mail order linux things. even if knoppix isn't on the list, ask, i'm sure they'll burn one and send it, cost about $10 usually per CD.
    Liz

Similar Threads

  1. I'm buying an internal modem. Which one?
    By Kerosene in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 03:22 AM
  2. Would Knoppix be a good test for buying a laptop ?
    By Dreamert in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 11:49 PM
  3. Buying knoppix cd
    By 00v00 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00