--Try www.cheapbytes.com , and see if they deliver to Au...
This ( http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart/0070010870.html ) is a link to buy the Nov 8th release for $4.99 US.
Originally Posted by monkymind
Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of the latest Knoppix CD
in Brisbane (OZ)??
I only have dialup with 4 hr sessions - The next version of knoppix would
be out before I'd finished downloading with my modem
All the best
Rob
--Try www.cheapbytes.com , and see if they deliver to Au...
This ( http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart/0070010870.html ) is a link to buy the Nov 8th release for $4.99 US.
Originally Posted by monkymind
Unfortunately it works out to about $32.00 AUS by the time it gets hereOriginally Posted by Dave_Bechtel
Sometimes LSL www.lsl.com.au gets a copy in if there is enough demand.
I really just posted the request on the off chance there was an unknown knoppix devotee in the area
thanks for taking the time to answer
rob
Is there a linux user group in your area? Maybe someone there has access to more bandwidth and would be willing to download the newest version and make it available for people to copy. If there is a LUG in your area you might want to post a question about this at their site. People are usually more than willing to help out with this if they are able.
I'm guessing I could make a copy of Knoppix and get it to you for under $10. I'm feeling generous, so provide me your mailing address and I'll just send you a copy gratis. I am here - n3wslets (at) nonags (dot) com
Thanks, but I'd already mentioned LSL in a post aboveOriginally Posted by Anonymous
And this is from your LSL link :-Sometimes LSL www.lsl.com.au gets a copy in if there is enough demand
Publication Date:
August 2002
Contents:
CD
Regards
rob
Maybe not Brissy but try "www.lsl.com.au" I saw it there quite cheaply and they're fast with dispatch. If you get on your bike now you'll have it before Chrissy,
Regards
Dietrich
I'm aware of LSL as they had downloaded Knoppix copies for me in AUG and early NOV. BTW I'd mentioned LSL in my second post :-Originally Posted by timmd
Partly I was just curious to see if there was another Knoppix user (more dedicated) in the area.Originally Posted by monkymind
Since it had been a while since I contacted LSL and there has been 3 post suggesting I try them - I did and they downloaded the 2002-12-12 iso(though their web page has listed it as November 2002)
So I guess that ends this thread,
thanks for all the help
rob
PS The bike's going fine after getting new clutch and engine oil seal but a trip to Melbourne!? Not this year!! :P
www.everythinglinux.com.au from sydney do mail order linux things. even if knoppix isn't on the list, ask, i'm sure they'll burn one and send it, cost about $10 usually per CD.
Liz

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99