Knoppix has been installed on HD.
I am wondering how I can save files on the FAT32 partition.
Thank you.
Knoppix has been installed on HD.
I am wondering how I can save files on the FAT32 partition.
Thank you.
Try enabling write access by write-clicking on the drive.
I have the same problem. I have an external usb drive formated for fat32. I can write to it if I'm root but I only have read access as the "knoppix" user. I modified my fstab file with this:
/dev/sda2 /mnt/sda2 vfat defaults,users,noauto,umask=000 0 0
then I do:
sudo rebuildfstab -r
mkdesktophdicons
And the /mnt/sda2 icon appears on the desktop but it only gives read access to the knoppix user.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
...btw just as a follow up to the last msg, when I right click on the drive icon and go
Properties ->Meta info it tells me that the driev is writable...
Take a look at /etc/group
you want your user to be part of usb: and, probably disk: too.
You can use Kuser to do this or edit /etc/group directly (as root).
yes, I tried. but it seems that i have to login as root. no idea.Originally Posted by wellsj
Try adding this somewhere before the "0 0" in /etc/fstab:
uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix
Thank you for your advice firstly, and I tried, but nothing changed.Originally Posted by turbinater
Are you sure you typed it on the right line? It works flawlessly on my computer.Originally Posted by margaritaville
In order for the icon to be updated, you have to reselect the drive it mounts; you may wan't to check that as well. Also, try mounting it in a console and see if you then get write access.
Here is my fstab file(it doesnt show any warning when starts):Originally Posted by turbinater
# /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
#
# filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
/dev/hda5 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
#Added by user, for being able to write things onto fat32 partition, Jan 28, 2004
uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,umask=000,uid=knoppix,gid=kno ppix 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda6 none swap defaults 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda7 /mnt/hda7 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppi x 0

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99
Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99
New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP
$560.15
Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper EX3400-48T Ethernet Switch, 12-Port, Gigabit, Rack Mount
$184.99