-
02-04-2004, 06:15 PM
#101
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
kwadroke
The program installs & brings up the application window, but when I click on the program to 'install' and nothing happens.
Please check whether it works in the original Knoppix you used as a base for your remaster. If it does, the packages in your remaster ("apt-get upgrade") are incompatible with the respective klik recipe you are using to run.

Originally Posted by
kwadroke
As far as my "Wizard" idea goes, I got off my lazy butt & started creating a php script to do this. It's nowhere near working yet, but I am working on it.
Great!
Some ideas I had on this:
apt-get should run on the server. You can access apt-get through php (exec, I think). Now, at least for KDE apps, there is all you need: Let the PHP page call apt-get to display the available packages and to create the list of URLs to be included in the recipe (but always make sure you are using http://snapshot.debian.net/ with the date matching to the Knoppix version you want to generate the klik script for, e.g. http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2...14/debian/pool for KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-14, otherwise you might end up in broken packages and/or too many packages downloaded and broken URLs in the recipe - thanks Fabrian for this hint). Then, let the server extract the neccessary meta information for the klik recipe from the deb package. Finally, let PHP write the klik recipe. Should all be possible without too much hassle. HOWEVER this takes only into account the apps that were in unstable at the point of time the Knoppix version you are writing for was available. If you want more recent apps to run, you will possibly have to hand-write your recipe anyway, sometimes even using "dirty" sources such as Fedora RPMs and the like.
If it all works, it will be coooooooool 
If you need some script snippets for the apt-get server side part I am talking about, drop me a line. I have them here (for my local use, not yet embedded into php, however).
-
02-04-2004, 06:21 PM
#102
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
xav
It took me some time to realise that my problem was probably just due to the Knoppix version I was using.
Sorry about that. I have bolded the KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-14 on the homepage as a quick fix. Don't want to rewrite all the recipes right now
(this shows that all such generic stuff should be handled by php-includes server-side in the recipes to make it easy to change just one include file instead of x recipes...)
-
02-05-2004, 11:33 AM
#103
Senior Member
registered user
Hi probono,
Has someting changed with install?
I must be snafu time.
( I don't use bad language -- this is a proper
US military term
)
KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19 appears to run install but
It does not work now.
This worked without problem yesterday??
It is expected that some app's won't work smoothly from
version to version -- but surely the installer will install itself.
I expect some install script changes are being made.
Hmmm with multiple installs I get .klik .klik.1 .klik.2
We are standing by.
Best Wishes
paradocs
-
02-05-2004, 11:39 AM
#104
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
paradocs
Hi probono,
Has someting changed with install?
Hi paradocs, nope - nothing has changed with the install in the last few days. I tried it 5 secs ago and it worked as always. Please run the install command in konsole, perhaps you can see what goes wrong. Maybe berlios.de just had a server problem at the time when you tried?
-
02-05-2004, 11:54 AM
#105
Senior Member
registered user
Hi probono,
do you do IRC #klik on freenode ?
Must be a server problem.
Best Wishes
paradocs
-
02-05-2004, 01:53 PM
#106
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
paradocs
do you do IRC #klik on freenode ?
I have done so.
-
02-05-2004, 07:57 PM
#107
Please check whether it works in the original Knoppix you used as a base for your remaster.
This is what I get when I run klik from konsole on the official KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19:
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ /home/knoppix/.klik
/home/knoppix/.klik: No such file or directory: shell has changed!
The file is there (I ran 'ls -a'). As I stated before, the wget script installs but doen't allow me to 'install' apps.
-
02-06-2004, 12:37 PM
#108
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
kwadroke
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ /home/knoppix/.klik /home/knoppix/.klik: No such file or directory: shell has changed!
Please reinstall your client. I could fix this bug.
-
02-06-2004, 03:20 PM
#109
Please reinstall your client.
Tried that. no luck. I even deleted the .klik file just in case.
Running the same command on 2003-11-14 works fine.
-
02-06-2004, 03:30 PM
#110
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
kwadroke
Tried that. no luck. I even deleted the .klik file just in case.
Running the same command on 2003-11-14 works fine.
Sorry about that. That must be obviously a very bad bug, I will investigate this, but I cannot promise a quick solution.
Btw, if there are people out here who seriously want to join the klik team and are willing to spend some time on this, please leave a message.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 20
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 05:02 AM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:19 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Klik
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:52 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Klik
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-01-2004, 02:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server
$525.00

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00