I have posted a sample recipe along with comments on http://klik.berlios.de/architecture/recipe.phpOriginally Posted by Vick
Hi,
instead of displaying "Only for Konqueror" make other browsers work and please use Xdialog instead of kdialog (as its KDE bloat and not compatible):
So heres how:
Create some script, which gives for mozilla & co the following:
<?
header("Content-Type: application/klik\n\n");
echo $_GET["run"];
?>
Display klik links like:
<a href=http://studwww.ira.uka.de/~s_franz2/klik/index.php?run=BibEdit>klik here to install BibEdit into your Knoppix 3.3 home directory</a>
Let user choose for this mimetype (better: do it automatically for mozilla, firebird, opera) ~/.klik2 with following:
#!/bin/bash
cat $1 | ~/.klik
Check for possible security flaws!!! (Also for konqueror! Perhaps use perl with -T ?)
Users kliks on link and it works with:
- asking him to choose an application (if he ckecks (or you) check box that it should always work this with that application it just works)
- Or directly works (after setup)
So thats my contribution.
You've won![]()
Yours is not only user-friendly but also slick ...
What about making my live-installer be integrated into the klik-environment (Setting a certain cookie if installed) and then making that software also available ...
Or just making the live-installer available
cu
Fabian
I have posted a sample recipe along with comments on http://klik.berlios.de/architecture/recipe.phpOriginally Posted by Vick
Fabian, I have some reasons why I made *K*li*K* a *K* thing. For one, kdialog gets some really powerful new features soon (file and directory browsing,...). Second, the beauty of a link like klik:/BibEdit is that it is *really* easy to remember (and type - no need to go to the klik store page if you know what you want). Unlike (sorry to use your example, but it shows where this would lead to...) http://studwww.ira.uka.de/~s_franz2/...hp?run=BibEdit
That's why I prefer the KDEized solution as it is now. But as always, discussion is open![]()
Ok so Im home, it works and its fantastic....
Yes, I am security-minded, too. The security check would have to go into the KDE klik protocol handler file. Can you help me on this please? I'm not such a unix guru that I could foresee most potential cracker attacks...Originally Posted by Fabianx
Btw, it's not about "winning". It's about user experienceI know that you are the better coder (see Knoppix on Mac) - but I believe I think more from an end-user's perspective. Hope you accept this from me.
Nice to hear it is turning out to work so well already at its first day of existenceOriginally Posted by gowator
![]()
Ok, it looks pretty straightforward and well commented. When I get the time, (which may take a little while right now), I look forward to trying to cook up some of my own recipes.Originally Posted by probono
can you please tell me how can i reproduce this locally at home to test this out?
need speical server script?
thank you
ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/opera...qt_en_i386.deb would be a good candidate to start with. I am pretty sure it can be made run fairly easily (actually it does run here... but M2 and plugins are not woking yet due to various path variables not properly set). Here the challenge is to write a working wrapper, because the variables it expects are a mess. Use the shell script /usr/bin/opera from the deb as a starting point for your wrapper.Originally Posted by aay
Actually, you don't need any server stuff to test a recipe at home. Just start with the sample recipe at http://klik.berlios.de/architecture/recipe.php. If you create a recipe file as it is described there (without server-side includes, of course) then you can run make it executable and run it from a shell. It should do all its magic locally as well!Originally Posted by Vick

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
10GbE pfSense Firewall VPN AES QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 32GB DDR4 256GB SSD
$220.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00