Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 211

Thread: klik: point-and-klik software store for Knoppix

  1. #131
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    13

    Exploitable?

    I love this klik system and I've used it on several computers however I have a concern. Couldn't this code be malicously used on web sites? Is it possible to supress the dialogs so you can't see they are installing something? This system is great, but we gotta make sure we don't end up making konqeror into the next IE.

    If it already is "secure" I guess we've got a great system here. Otherwise, what can we do to keep people from silently installing trojans?

  2. #132
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: klik, Quanta fails

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig2
    knoppix@ttyp2[knoppix]$ /home/knoppix//Quanta/wrapper
    QGDict::hashKeyString:
    Thanks for the info, I'll investigate this. Right now, I'm on vacation, but I'll come back to it.

  3. #133
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: Exploitable?

    Quote Originally Posted by kovk
    I love this klik system and I've used it on several computers however I have a concern. Couldn't this code be malicously used on web sites?
    klik itself: I hope not. I tried hard to make it as secure as I could. But I am not an expert in this.

    Variants of klik (re-implementations): Definitely. Anyone can code something alike that will NOT show any dialogs. But that re-implementation would have to be installed by the user, right?

    Btw,
    please continue the discussion in the "ideas" forum ("the future of klik") - this is the _news_ section. Thanks

  4. #134
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    error when I try to download from KLIK

    Hello....I get a "Protocol not supported" error by klik when I try to download a program. I did install the klik client but it doesnt work.....any ideas ???? bob

  5. #135
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Hi bob58

    I think you may not be using KNOPPIX or KANOTIX.
    What version are you using -- from a shell type
    uname -a

    I think a present klik does not work with others
    since testing so many system is too hard for
    now at least.

    Best Wishes
    paradocs
    --------
    Please move this to the "ideas" forum ("the future of klik")
    Would it be good or posible for the web master to lock this?

  6. #136
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    error?

    Hi Paradocs....i did a "uname -a" in console and this is what came up:

    Linux Portable 2.4.24-xfs #1 SMP Mi Feb 4 01:03:50 CET 2004 GNU/Linux

  7. #137
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    29
    I am getting the same error (protocal not supported klik), I also noticed a few lines of text, after it said that klik was saved, QPIXMAP: cannot create a QPIXMAP when no GUI is being used. Then on down it says WARNING: kbuildsycoca running...
    kdialog: cannot connect to xserver.

    Oh well, I someone eventually figures out what is causing this, I would really like to check out klik;sounds really cool.

    I am such a newb at knoppix I have no clue what could be causing the error.

    I am sure that I am using knoppix 3.3, just installed it and ran the updates.

  8. #138
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Hi bob58,
    I believe at present since klik is in testing
    it will not try to install on your version.
    The scripts very likely would work -- so
    keep checking back.

    Hi Valhalla,
    Klik's special place is for installling for the
    CD boot knoppix. That is not to say that it
    cannot be made to work with a hard drive
    install. Advanced users can easily install
    the apps they like in the standard way.
    Still, boot from a CD and give the apps
    a trial run to see if they are worth installing.


    Best Wishes
    paradocs

  9. #139
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    29
    Ahhh I see, thanks for the info.

  10. #140
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298

    Why is f-prot not on Klik ?

    Why is f-prot not on Klik ?

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 05:02 AM
  2. klik on older knoppix versions
    By redss in forum Klik
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM
  3. Use Klik with DVD Knoppix
    By lilsirecho in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:19 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:52 PM
  5. point-and-klik...
    By xaviers2002 in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 02:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



HPE 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-R DDR4 Svr RAM P03052-091  P00924-B21 M393A4K40DB2-CVFBY picture

HPE 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-R DDR4 Svr RAM P03052-091 P00924-B21 M393A4K40DB2-CVFBY

$270.00



Bulk lot of 13 × 4GB DDR4-2400 ECC Registered RDIMM server memory modules picture

Bulk lot of 13 × 4GB DDR4-2400 ECC Registered RDIMM server memory modules

$165.00



Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q) picture

Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q)

$120.00



LOT OF 7 Samsung 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R DDR3 Server Memory RAM M393B1K70CHD-CH9 picture

LOT OF 7 Samsung 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R DDR3 Server Memory RAM M393B1K70CHD-CH9

$89.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Lot of 12 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V LRDIMM 768GB DDR4 Samsung SK Hynix M386A8K40BM2 picture

Lot of 12 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V LRDIMM 768GB DDR4 Samsung SK Hynix M386A8K40BM2

$4500.00



Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4 picture

Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4

$1299.00



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US picture

6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US

$3.95