Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 211

Thread: klik: point-and-klik software store for Knoppix

  1. #71
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: Please try to avoid KDE dependency

    [quote="bfree"]
    Quote Originally Posted by probono
    Is there a real reason (i.e. not a factor of implementation and the youth of the project) why kilk isn't accessable from lynx in run-level 2?
    I can perhaps understand why there has been a desire to have klik switch from something like kdialog to xdialog so that it could be used in other WMs, but run-level 2???? There aren't even any text based apps in the klik store yet.

    On another note, I'm working on a recepie, but keep getting errors - shows what a bad programer I am. Probono, I'll be contributing some recipies, but probably not till after the weekend. I'm quite busy. Keep up the good work.

  2. #72
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: Infrared + Pocket PC PDA

    Quote Originally Posted by probono
    The list of apps is growing... now I can sync my Pocket PC with Knoppix on my notebook via infrared... But since I have no other hardware to play with, I need your help on making this work more generally.
    Cool. I'd like to try your recipe for SynCE-KDE later. I don't have infrared, but hopefully it will work via usb.

  3. #73
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    203

    hmm

    It would be nice if it was capable of working with a HDD install.
    I guess then you need to know what the user has previously installed and its a whole new ballgame.

  4. #74
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    I've tried it with and hdd install with no problem. The only exception was Apache which looks for the CD.

    Regards,
    AJG

  5. #75
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    I've tried it with and hdd install with no problem. The only exception was Apache which looks for the CD.
    Apache should also work with hd installs as long as there is /etc/init.d/apache

  6. #76
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    164
    From: http://klik.berlios.de/architecture/
    <blockquote>I am very interested in your comments about the klik architecture. It is important to get the design right in the first place (before it gets real messy).</blockquote>
    What I was thinking was that rather than maintaing your own configuration system or choosing one front-end why not use debconf? It should be expected to be on KNOPPIX and similar systems (i.e. all debian based systems), however minimal, and it provides numerous interfaces (including kde since the end of december in unstable). Whatever default debconf system is chosen by the system will be used, and people creating recipies can save themselves recreating the wheel by embedding the dialog from debconf into klik when it is really required to ask the user questions (not too common for the target area), and perhaps even "stealing" far more from the preinst and postinst scripts! You can gain a lot, and is there any real expense? It just seems like the right tool for the job to me, but that's just my 0.00002c (that's about as much as it's worth)

    However, all this being said what's far more important is working with what you have now, which is great for a most of the target users, and in particular getting the system (primarily chefs) to have an up to date Knoppix klik repository! Keep up the good work.

  7. #77
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by bfree
    What I was thinking was that rather than maintaing your own configuration system or choosing one front-end why not use debconf?
    Excellent suggestion, I did't know debconf, but I will look into it. But probably it will not make it into my recipes until the KDE debconf interface is default in Knoppix

    Quote Originally Posted by bfree
    perhaps even "stealing" far more from the preinst and postinst scripts!
    That was one of my next "todos"
    This must be optional however since not all software is installed with .debs.

  8. #78
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    50
    So is the Point-and-Klik Software Store going to be set up like the Lindows CNR Ware House wher you will go to the PAKSS and find a program and klik on it and the PAK software will install it for you just like on this demo page?

  9. #79
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    So is the Point-and-Klik Software Store going to be set up like the Lindows CNR Ware House wher you will go to the PAKSS and find a program and klik on it
    yes.

    But how many packages will be there depends on how many "klik recipes" people contribute. I personally don't have the time to make 1001 recipes. klik is community effort driven, unlike Lindows CNR.

    Btw, I added some new stuff recently.

  10. #80
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    50
    Thats fine.
    I was just wondering how it was going to work.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 05:02 AM
  2. klik on older knoppix versions
    By redss in forum Klik
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM
  3. Use Klik with DVD Knoppix
    By lilsirecho in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:19 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:52 PM
  5. point-and-klik...
    By xaviers2002 in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 02:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



10GbE pfSense Firewall VPN AES QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 32GB DDR4 256GB SSD picture

10GbE pfSense Firewall VPN AES QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 32GB DDR4 256GB SSD

$220.00



Sophos XG 125 Rev.3 Desktop Firewall 8x GbE 1x SFP Wiped - No Power Adapter picture

Sophos XG 125 Rev.3 Desktop Firewall 8x GbE 1x SFP Wiped - No Power Adapter

$74.99



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99



Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware picture

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware

$89.99