Thanks for the info, I'll investigate this. Right now, I'm on vacation, but I'll come back to it.Originally Posted by Craig2
I love this klik system and I've used it on several computers however I have a concern. Couldn't this code be malicously used on web sites? Is it possible to supress the dialogs so you can't see they are installing something? This system is great, but we gotta make sure we don't end up making konqeror into the next IE.
If it already is "secure" I guess we've got a great system here. Otherwise, what can we do to keep people from silently installing trojans?
Thanks for the info, I'll investigate this. Right now, I'm on vacation, but I'll come back to it.Originally Posted by Craig2
klik itself: I hope not. I tried hard to make it as secure as I could. But I am not an expert in this.Originally Posted by kovk
Variants of klik (re-implementations): Definitely. Anyone can code something alike that will NOT show any dialogs. But that re-implementation would have to be installed by the user, right?
Btw,
please continue the discussion in the "ideas" forum ("the future of klik") - this is the _news_ section. Thanks
Hello....I get a "Protocol not supported" error by klik when I try to download a program. I did install the klik client but it doesnt work.....any ideas ???? bob
Hi bob58
I think you may not be using KNOPPIX or KANOTIX.
What version are you using -- from a shell type
uname -a
I think a present klik does not work with others
since testing so many system is too hard for
now at least.
Best Wishes
paradocs
--------
Please move this to the "ideas" forum ("the future of klik")
Would it be good or posible for the web master to lock this?
Hi Paradocs....i did a "uname -a" in console and this is what came up:
Linux Portable 2.4.24-xfs #1 SMP Mi Feb 4 01:03:50 CET 2004 GNU/Linux
I am getting the same error (protocal not supported klik), I also noticed a few lines of text, after it said that klik was saved, QPIXMAP: cannot create a QPIXMAP when no GUI is being used. Then on down it says WARNING: kbuildsycoca running...
kdialog: cannot connect to xserver.
Oh well, I someone eventually figures out what is causing this, I would really like to check out klik;sounds really cool.
I am such a newb at knoppix I have no clue what could be causing the error.
I am sure that I am using knoppix 3.3, just installed it and ran the updates.
Hi bob58,
I believe at present since klik is in testing
it will not try to install on your version.
The scripts very likely would work -- so
keep checking back.
Hi Valhalla,
Klik's special place is for installling for the
CD boot knoppix. That is not to say that it
cannot be made to work with a hard drive
install. Advanced users can easily install
the apps they like in the standard way.
Still, boot from a CD and give the apps
a trial run to see if they are worth installing.
Best Wishes
paradocs
Ahhh I see, thanks for the info.
Why is f-prot not on Klik ?

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$41.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" (WDS500G2B0A) SSD
$43.99
Micron 3400 512GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe Internal SSD Black USED
$50.00
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$19.49
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$59.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
M.2 NVMe SSD 2280 Single Notch 128GB 256GB 512GB | Very Good health
$38.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99