Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 211

Thread: klik: point-and-klik software store for Knoppix

  1. #141
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    23
    Hi all, I have been try to get the wrappers that I have DL from Klik to open and I keep getting a error " couldnot find program "wrapper" ". Is there something that I have not done. I have try it with the live 11-14-2003 CD, the Linux Defender Live CD and Morphix, it doesn't work ....HELP!!!

  2. #142
    That's what's best (and already there) IMO:

    http://developer.apple.com/documenta...BPBundles.html

    I know, the project webpage cites NeXTStep... and I don't have any bitten apple sticker/tattoo anywhere on my possessions/most private body parts. I don't even own a Mac. But I read the stuff and I find it hard to find "conceptual flaws". Maybe someone here will or already has. That will be some discussion

    I have a feeling that innovative work should start from there and look into directions which are peculiar of FOSS. The first things that comes into my mind is... I've always thought that... How can you really think that...

    ...wait. Just cross that and this:

    http://www.namesys.com/whitepaper.html

    and you get the picture...

    What do you think?

  3. #143
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9
    'kin amazing! I stumbled on Knoppix 2 weeks ago and installed on my laptop a few days later. I went away for a quiet time in the country last weekend and apart from impressing the hell out of my hosts with the Knoppix CD I was trying to get to grips with installing a P2P client and Real Player. Both attempts failed miserably due to my (almost) total lack of knowlege of this OS. I remarked to my friends that I was mightily impressed with knoppix, detected all my hardware (unlike Mandrake...dont ask) and the only 'glitch' seemed to be software installation. I get home, start browsing the forum and come across 'klik'...problem solved! Not only that I can read all the clever chaps and chapesses discussing impovements as I read. I just LOVE all this stuff. I love being able to close my laptop lid and come back in the morning, wake it up and carry on where I left off, I love being 'in control' of my machine, I love never seeing blue screens, I love never having to reboot and most of all I love the sense that I'm a very tiny part of a movement which may eventually see the righteous downfall of the Redmond Crew. Keep it up!

  4. #144
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Thanks for these links, they might indeed give us some ideas.

    Also interesting: www.gobolinux.org - Mac-like filesystem layout for Linux

  5. #145
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    miami, fl
    Posts
    21
    how does klik performs with knoppix3.4? I had problem downloading amule. Thanks for posting apollon.

    Kurumin comes apllon pre-installed and is fun. Overclockix features mldonkey, but i didn't understand how to log in

    Can I use klik to download software from any website? Like, http://packages.debian.org/stable/

    sorry if I am asking questions already answered.

  6. #146
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cinq
    how does klik performs with knoppix3.4?
    It should generally work, amule isn't tested with 3.4 yet, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by c_cinq
    Can I use klik to download software from any website?
    Only if you write a klik recipe for it. The klik script tells klik from where to download, how to install and how to start an application. For most debian KDE apps, it is indeed just a matter of inserting the right URLs into the klik recipe.

    But I wouldn't use debian stable because these packages are generally too old. Instead, you can use the debian archive mirror from the day when your Knoppix was released: http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2...13/debian/pool (replace by your Knoppix creation date)

  7. #147
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    I'm sometimes having a bit of a problem getting persistent home/saved configuration to save the shell scripts in a convenient location. For example, I would love to poke a Firebird icon in my main toolbar, next to the Mozilla one.

  8. #148
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1

    KLIK

    KliK is KOOL! Thank you everyone!

    Please put "setiathome" on the list!!!! Soon, because its the only thing I can't do yet in Linux.

  9. #149
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    15
    klik is great! Also updated nvidia script would sure help for the new 2.6.6 kernel in 3.4 5-17-04 edition.
    Thanks

  10. #150
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    Error with FireFox (klik version) on Knoppix 3.4:

    This may be a FireFox problem, rather than a klik problem -- -- but when I run ./wrapper, the error message I get is:

    Code:
    /home/knoppix/FireFox/firefox/run-mozilla.sh: line 451:  1831 Illegal instruction  "$prog" ${1+"@"}
    Anyone have that same problem, and a fix?

    (Details: Live Knoppix CD v3.4-2004-05-17-EN; /home/knoppix is on a partition (not saved to a file); kernel 2.6.)

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 05:02 AM
  2. klik on older knoppix versions
    By redss in forum Klik
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM
  3. Use Klik with DVD Knoppix
    By lilsirecho in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:19 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:52 PM
  5. point-and-klik...
    By xaviers2002 in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 02:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.62