Thanks Probono!!!!!
For your advice...and congratulations for the wonderfull job you done...it's just amazing, and in my modest opinion. IT WORKS PERFECT!!!
Greetings
Daurelio
... and gone!Originally Posted by Alextreme
To get klik working in Mozilla or Firefox:
1. Make sure you have launched Mozilla/Firefox at least once
2. Install the klik client (again)
3. Restart Mozilla/Firefox
Now you should be able to use klik links in Mozilla/Firefox.
Greetings,
probono
(btw, it was an one-liner)
Thanks Probono!!!!!
For your advice...and congratulations for the wonderfull job you done...it's just amazing, and in my modest opinion. IT WORKS PERFECT!!!
Greetings
Daurelio
FF worked flawlessly for me on bug hunter X including abc, acroread, amule and dbdesigner. Very impressive.
Great work!
I have tried it 2-3 times running from a Knoppix 3.6 remaster I am working on.
Running from the CD I was able to install:
Kwiqdisk
Lphoto
RealPlayer 10
TheRegxCoach
gDeskcal
okle
These worked fine.
kdsl seemed a little flakey, but probably thats just the program.
Konserve gave me this error:
"The file or folder http://www.rockersoft.com/apt/fedora....10.1-i386.rpm does not exist"
Can't get rockersoft.com website either.
Thanks for the outstanding effort.
FixedOriginally Posted by fstephens
![]()
Thanks, I'll give it a try when I have a chance.
Would it be possible to show a size of the download and/or the installed size? People on dial-up would probably appreciate it, and it would come in handy while remastering to gauge the space that will be used.
Thanks again.
That's one of the features in "next generation" klik which I am working on.Originally Posted by fstephens
Greetings,
probono
Knoppix is a breakthrough because it is simple enough for naive operators like myself, but that means we cannot download any new software unless there is an equally simple method. Klik is this method - so it is philosophically an excellent and necessary partner to knoppix. Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes particular software isn't available. When it does work it is brilliant. Thanks. Maybe there will be a computer system available that is reliable, doesn't require hours of maintenance, and is simple enough for average operators.
(Ps when I have downloaded Webmin from Klik I get a message "cannot connect to local host port 10000 & the Firefox download is still issuing the defective .9 variety, on the other hand when I download Opera from their site it simply disappears when it is finished - must be in there somewhere but nobody told _me_ where so I'll never use it - what they think? everybody did Unix computing at school? Boy have they a need to live more!!!!!!!!!!! Poor things!)![]()
Yes indeed apollon now works on knx 3.6.Thanks,ProbonoOriginally Posted by probono
Now,if only we could get the latest Yahoo messenger to work on knx then it would really be great!
i get the error message:
"could not create symlink from /xfp to /home/jMon/f-prot/usr"
i click "ok", then get this error:
"can't find the binary to run"
i've tried reinstalling (from klik) to no avail
help........!

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99
NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$547.36
ST31000528AS SEAGATE 1TB SATA 3GB 7200RPM HDD
$19.90
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99