-
Dual head, sound, usb keyboard, many other problems
I have an emachines T2200, 1gb mem, with a 64meg TI4200 graphics card. This has an L7VMM2 motherboard.
I have a 19' Sony 400PS CRT and a Samsung 191T 19' LCD connected to the TI4200. Booting Knoppix with no options causes a series of failures -
1.) During Knoppix boot, I see the Penguin, followed by an "Error- only one processor detected". I only have 1 processor and do not see this error on any other machine.
After X starts up, both of my monitors go blank.
If I start with failsafe , I get image but my usb keyboard is not detected, an non-starter. I can't figure out how to use the "no agp", &etc. options and get picture; no combination seems to work. Is the sytax no agp usb, &etc, or no usb no agp [ no otherservice ]?
My soundcard is undetected.
I have tried various screensize and fb options without success, which is frustrating since Knoppix is a great distribution and obviously I want to be able to use it on all my machines, of which this is the latest & greatest.
My main goal is just to be able to basically boot and have it work. However, I would also like to get dual head support going and then begin customizing the CD... any help would be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By rec9140 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 08:55 PM
-
By joedeck1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 12:27 PM
-
By nicorelli in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 09:12 AM
-
By daft0ne in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 07:56 AM
-
By FIknoppiXr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 11:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$345.00

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$295.00

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95

Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600
$65.00

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board
$675.00

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00