-
Senior Member
registered user
COOL
I T W O R K S 
I had a look in "group" file, all users are in the proper group, set up on the device...
Checked the mount point permissions, /usr/dos -=- that was the trick, ls -l reported the directory as:
drwxrwsr-x
so I did a chmod 777 /usr/dos -=- and now it looks like this:
drwxrwxrwx
I also needed to change the permissions on the desktop icons as well, they showed up as -rwxr-xr-- -=- I think, so I changed those to the same as a chmod 777 would have done...
I popped into my user accounts, did the icon change, and whamo - we got it...
I think I am going to take a little break now... (I think I have used up my allocation of resources here, for at least a few weeks... But... What I am probably going to do is, install a second 2.0 gig hard drive as a secondary, which already has Win98 installed on it - and then I will need some input on what I can do with this DOS partition in Linux - considering its 1.5 gig of space, anyone have any ideas????)
Oh well, I just want to get my DOS program running happy first, then I can go after what to do with the DOS partition for Knoppix/Linux... I will probably be around, lurking, seeing if I can help some people out here, but I don't see posting any new questions, or problems, within the next few weeks....
Everyone, thank you for all the help, and getting me going again
( K U D O ' S for EVERYONE :! )
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By jodef in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 01:46 AM
-
By zombi3 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 07:05 AM
-
By mstlyharmlss in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
-
By philski27 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 01:17 AM
-
By Enmity in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MOS MCS 6502 Ceramic DIP Vintage CPU/Processor Chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$2500.00

Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other
$299.99

Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code
$144.45

LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic
$59.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Y2K Heritage Brown Leather 17” Laptop Briefcase Business Bag With Strap
$49.95

Intel, AMD, WE,ATT, M, CCCP,+ICs, Shadow box Vintage For The Collector. See Info
$250.00

Intel, AMD, WE,ATT, M, CCCP,+ICs, Shadow box Vintage For The Collector. See Info
$250.00

Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88

Vintage 90s PC Intel Pentium, cards, no HDD
$80.00