-
Senior Member
registered user
(Noob) fstab mount question...
Ok, I just thought I messed up my complete Knoppix HD Install because I changed/added a bad entry into my fstab - I have Knoppix install on hda1, hda2 is a DOS partition (vfat).
I accidently got both hda1 and hda2 to point to the same mount point, and thought my system was fried...
So, hmmmmm, so I don't do THAT again, what would I put as an entry for my hda2 partition in the fastab? Hda2 is not bootable, but I would like to run things (exec), write, and of course, read, files on the device.
I thought my (invalid and is what casused my Knoppix to get Permission Denied messages, and lock up -=- see Post under HDD Install - Titled "Knoppix 3.3 gets ... Permission Denied (solved)" for more information on this catastrophe) ... my invalid fstab entry was such...
/dev/hda2 / vfat defaults,user,exec 0 0
I think 
I would like the device to be mounted, on boot, if possible, and accessed by all users, if at all possible.
Thanks, and hopefully the next boot, after the change, I have a active (vfat) partition, but am not booting it within Knoppix, as I think my previous was doing,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By jodef in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 01:46 AM
-
By zombi3 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 07:05 AM
-
By mstlyharmlss in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
-
By philski27 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 01:17 AM
-
By Enmity in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz)
$75.00

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49

Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH.
$197.00