Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: sound config

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26

    sound config

    hey guys, I was wondering if any body could help me with a problem that I have? I recently installed 3.3 on my hard disk now there are 2 problems, The first is that I dont know what the difference between file systems are exp. ext2, ext3, reiser... and does it matter what one I pick?
    the other problem is the sound issue. My sound card is detected but I still have no sound the volumes are all up nothing is muted either. when I do sndconfig it finds my card then it says that my soundcard is not currently in your modules search path,please verify that your kernel modules are correctly installed. I would be ever so greatful if someone could tell me how to put my soundcard in my modules search path. thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Try

    alsa_init

    as root

    and make sure you're in the audio group.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26
    Sound server informational message:
    Error while initializing the sound driver:
    device: default can't be opened for playback (No such file or directory)
    The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

    This is what I get when I try to test the sound
    I ran alsa_init as you suggested and still doesn't work?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    Sound server informational message:
    Error while initializing the sound driver:
    device: default can't be opened for playback (No such file or directory)
    The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

    This is what I get when I try to test the sound
    I ran alsa_init as you suggested and still doesn't work?
    Try /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig to make the alsa devices. Then if it works open the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh and put the line aumix -w 75 -v 75 near the bottom of the file to have the default volumes set on boot.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26
    Thanks for the help guys, but niether way gets me any results which is odd because before I did the hd install the alsa cheatcode worked every time. Both of your suggestions seem to go off w/out a hitch but I still have no sound. On another note I did an apt-get crystalspace but I can't run it It went in to my /etc, I can see it and read all the files but cant run it like other games, even typing crystalspace at the command line doesn't work like it does with other programs. I am new to linux so if anyone has a solution to one of my problems keep that in mind.

Similar Threads

  1. SOund card fun:Sound Blaster Audigy OEM also Radeon 9600Pro
    By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 01:47 PM
  4. Please Post a Simple CONFIG file for Kernel Config
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 05:58 AM
  5. sound config saving error
    By Kapz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 05:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper EX4650 Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper EX4650 Ethernet Switch

$35200.99



Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32 Port 32x100GbE QSFP Switch picture

Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32 Port 32x100GbE QSFP Switch

$9699.00



Juniper EX4300-32F 32-Port SFP Gigabit Switch EX 4300 w/ Rack Ears picture

Juniper EX4300-32F 32-Port SFP Gigabit Switch EX 4300 w/ Rack Ears

$89.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99