I've knoppix-installed all my PCs as Debian (20031119) and everything runs great! One question: my users still get an fdd icon on the desktop as with regular KNOPPIX, but they can't get it to work. What can I do?
TIA,
AJG
I've knoppix-installed all my PCs as Debian (20031119) and everything runs great! One question: my users still get an fdd icon on the desktop as with regular KNOPPIX, but they can't get it to work. What can I do?
TIA,
AJG
It's problably because the default icon on the desktop is just a link to /floppy (or, at least it was last time I checked), which means the drive isn't being mounted.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Well, is there anyway for my users to access the floppy, as in KNOPPIX /mnt/floppy or /mnt/auto/floppy, without my having to go in there with root access every single time they need a floppy???
TIA,
AJG
Delete the icon on the desktop as normal user and then recreate it pointing to the correct device (/floppy) and they should have access to it. And make sure they are all members of the floppy group.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black
$165.00
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00