-
Never used torrent before. Can I use and is it on the 3.3 Knoppix CD? Can I use it if running Knoppix from the CD? Can I host? What do I need to do to host?
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Craig2
Never used torrent before. Can I use and is it on the 3.3 Knoppix CD? Can I use it if running Knoppix from the CD? Can I host? What do I need to do to host?
Thanks.
You need to download a bitttorrent client and you might need to open up some firewall ports based on the client which you are using.I kind of like http://azureus.sf.net as the bittorrent client but you can find any other client on http://www.sourceforge.net
Basically bittorrent is another p2p file sharing network where in you download from other peers and then you atuomatically start sharing the files on the network so that others can download from your machine.
Bittorrent is not the only option to download iso images.
You can also download via other p2p netowrks like gnutella,edonkey,overnet kazaa etc.
Once I download the ISO images typically I release the ISO on the other p2p networks.
For variosu p2p networks and clients goto http://www.zeropaid.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Free Software , Free Speech ,Free Society
http://bhavesh.freeshell.org
-
Yep, you can use bittorrent with knoppix. First of all you need some place with read/write access to store the downloads and There are various bit torrent files. There is some btdownloadgui, but it generate some error (need some wxPython), but you can use btlaunchmany.
Launch one console, then, move to some place with read & write access, and then write "sudo btlaunchmany .". Then, must begin to appears some message like "All: Spd: 0 B/0 B Tot......", and this messages appears every 1 or 2 seconds.
Then, all you have to do is put some torrent files in this folder( the last dot in the command means: search the torrent files in this folder and dowload the files here; if you want you cant put the destination path here) . And the download will began automathically. In the text messages you will know about tour downloads.
-
Knoppix 3.4
I'm not sure if Cebit has started but it's 16:22 here in Denmark. Does anyone have some piece of information on the status of Knoppix 3.4? Has it been released, are there any Bittorrent links, etc.?
-
Arrr!
Its already 17:07 here in Germany and there is still no BT Tracker...
-
Junior Member
registered user
17:15 in Italy...no bittorent on orizont...
-
Senior Member
registered user
18.32 CET and I'm leaving work, hopefully by the time I get home there'll be news about the new version... :))
-
Junior Member
registered user
Is this our answer?
I'm wondering if this is our answer? The file name is "knoppix34-ct.iso".
http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969/
Well, if I can download it today, I guess I'll find out. Thanks for posting this if it is real!
Scott
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Is this our answer?

Originally Posted by
barl0w
I'm wondering if this is our answer? The file name is "knoppix34-ct.iso".
http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969/
Well, if I can download it today, I guess I'll find out. Thanks for posting this if it is real!
Scott
Im fairly positive that this one is not the new one.This is the c't edition which is the CD which came with the C't magazine sometime in February(it has 2.6 kernel init).Even if you see the date on the torrent you will see it was added on Feb 10. I had downloaded a copy of it in February to try the new 2.6 kernel.
-----------------------------------------------------
Free Software , Free Speech , Free Society
http://bhavesh.freeshell.org
-
03-19-2004, 02:05 AM
#100
the wait
21:05 in Chile....
Still waiting
Similar Threads
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99